Get Answers to PSC’s Most Common Questions
We want to ensure that you have the answers to your questions about your outpatient care and experience. Below are questions we often receive. If you need additional information, please don’t hesitate to call us at 360.442.7900. We are here to help.
What sets PSC apart from other area surgery centers and hospitals?
At Pacific Surgical Center, we are committed to providing the highest-quality surgical care and service using the most advanced procedures, technology and expertise. Our state-of-the-art surgical care delivers excellent outcomes at a fraction of the time and cost of surgeries performed in a hospital.
- Extraordinary patient-first care and service.
- Two operating rooms and an endoscopy suite.
- State-of-the-art surgical technology and equipment.
- All surgeries are minimally invasive, minimizing pain and discomfort, scarring and recovery time.
- All procedures performed by board- certified or board-eligible physicians.
- All nursing staff ACLS certified — with operating room and recovery room certification.
- Anesthesia administered by board-certified physicians from Longview Anesthesiology Group.
- Transparent pricing model.
- Minimal pre-surgery wait time for patients.
- Convenience. Most services are provided within the PSI facility. No need for multiple office visits with different providers before your surgery. Other conveniences include location; easy parking and check-in; greater privacy; large, comfortable recovery rooms; less paperwork; less waiting time or risk of delays in treatment — as compared to hospitals.
Can I receive surgical care at PSC even if my physician isn’t a tenant there?
What services are offered at Pacific Surgical Center?
PSC features two operating rooms and an endoscopy suite. Our board-certified and board-eligible physicians specialize in surgical treatments in the following areas:
- General Surgery
What is the cost of surgery at PSC compared to my local hospital?
Is a pre-op appointment required?
What do I need to bring with me on the day of my surgery?
On the scheduled date of your surgery, please bring the following items with you:
- Insurance information/card
- Eyeglasses/hearing aids, if needed
- Any current medications:
- Heart medication (in its original prescription bottle)
- Crutches, walkers or other necessary equipment
- Detailed medication list (unless already completed on the Medical History form)
Will you work with my primary-care physician to make sure I get the care I need?
Will my insurance plan cover my treatment and any tests you order for me?
What insurance plans do you accept?
Do you file my insurance claim for me?
What type of payment methods do you accept?